Welcome to our Crèche and Nursery Department
Where you will find our Little Ducklings aged 0-2years and our Little Cygnets aged 2-3 years.
0 to 1 Year Old ‘Little Ducklings’
A caring team with a wide range of equipment and resources ensures that within a sensory environment:
- Babies become mobile quickly.
- They become responsive to language through regular communication and interaction with staff members and fellow children.
- They learn to build secure attachments with long serving staff members.
- Our environment encourages them to be interested in their environment and stimulate their senses.
18 months – 2 Years old ‘Little Cygnets’
- An explosion of energy is channelled into a variety of activities to develop physical and creative potential.
- Children are encouraged to share and understand the feelings of others.
- To learn and play in a team, which builds confidence.
- To learn boundaries.
- To solve problems and to use their imagination to realise their full potential.
2-3 Years Old ‘Little Swans’
- Our safe and interesting environment builds curiosity to explore and to be physical.
- To explore language and communication.
- To develop social skills.
- To develop their own characters.
- To express their needs and feelings non-verbally and verbally.
2 – 3 Years old ‘Swans’
- In a positive environment with positive adult influence, our children have good role models to follow.
- English is spoken clearly and precisely by adults, which encourages good precise speaking and listening skills.
- Our children are encouraged to be independent and helpful towards their peers and adults.
- Children are encouraged to be helpful members of their community.
- Learning is constructive and creative.
- Using a variety of materials, resources and equipment, children become designers, making models, painting and designing their environment.
- Through praise and reward they realise their true potential and begin to develop dreams and ambitions through dressing up and imaginative play.
- Children are given the opportunity to talk and ask questions.
- In 12 acres they enjoy climbing, walking, running and a variety of sports.
- Whilst being adventurous, they also learn about danger and the need to use equipment safely.